[aprssig] power on DB9 connector standard for trackers?

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Wed Dec 1 00:58:46 UTC 2004

Is there a standard for a tracker supplying power to a GPS via a DB9

For example, the Opentracker has a jumper to pass Vin from pin 7 on the
radio side DB9 to pin 4 on the GPS DB9, but this appears to be

I thought I remembered a reference to a regulated voltage on pin 9, but
I can't find it now.

It's not a big deal, but while I'm building a tracker housing and GPS
cables, I figure I may as well adhere to a standard if there is one.