[aprssig] Annual Army/Navy football run and TIPS
bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Dec 3 08:51:37 CST 2004
Football run begins at Noon
Track FBALL and CHASE
Lessons re-learned on using the D700:
1) Store entire event configuration in a PM memory
2) Set status text to "147.105, W3ADO FBALL run"
By placing the frequency first in the status text, then the
operator only has to hit MENU-OK->->6->520-OK
for example to change his status txt operating frequency.
Changing that FREQUENTLY to keep up with QSY's
is the most important manual operation of APRS in a
3) Save the SAME configuration in a diffferent "backup"
PM so that if some self-appointed expert starts messing
around with the first PM, then you can always radio the
operator back to YOUR defaults by this backup PM.
4) Of course you must have RADIO-AUTO-PM-STORE
set to OFF, or the PM's are useless as backups...
5) And of course set CTCSS-100 Voice Alert on 144.39
*AND* make sure the squelch knob is UP on that side!
(if "busy" then nothing is ever transmitted)
just some thoughts
More information about the aprssig