[aprssig] RE: New Request for findU... Mic-E Decoding

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Dec 6 01:04:10 UTC 2004

>>I'm looking at the find.cgi page.  My truck is sending Mic-E >
>>packets.  I can't tell if the status text is ENROUTE,
>I'll look at how hard it would be to save and display them.

Preferably the way to do this is to decode the mic-E including
the altitude and message coment field and then display the
packet with them merged togehter into the intended standard
APRS conversion:

 DDMM.hhN/DDDMM.hhW$ is the normal posit and Symbol
 CSE/SPD is the standard course and speed
 Next are 5 byte type:  D-700, TH-D7, Mic-E,  etc
 Next two bytes are the position comment bits M0 to M7 or C1 to C6
 The next 10 bytes are for the decoded version always padded to 10 bytes
 /A=xxxxxx is the Altitude.