[aprssig] BIG-TALL digis that hear FAR too MUCH!

Sean Jewett sean at rimboy.com
Tue Dec 14 15:32:31 UTC 2004

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004, Robert Bruninga wrote:
> As we all know by now, any digi that can hear more than
> about 60 users is definately going to suffer real reliability
> issues for any stations other than the strongest and closest
> (who step all over the weak guys)...
> (not even countiing all the other digis it hears!)

After looking at the page, one of the suggestions was to put part of that
traffic onto UHF.

Do we have a set UHF frequency?  We've discussed this before in the past.
We have an APRS voice calling frequency for UHF IIRC.  However, do we have
a frequency to use for data?  If we don't have a 144.39 equiv UHF then I'm
not ready to start advocating or pushing UHF.  For starters I'd rather
avoid QSY'ing down the road if possible.  Likewise, it'd help to have a
this freq is set aside for UHF APRS, much like 144.39 is.  That way if
there are conflicts there is at least some aspect of coordination.

The punk rock will get you if the government don't get you first.
	--Old 97's
KG4NRC  http://www.rimboy.com  Your source for the crap you know you need.