[aprssig] USA Map of new n-N paradigm

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Dec 20 17:12:44 UTC 2004

>>> bruninga at usna.edu 12/20/04 11:49:49 AM >>>
>3) WIDEn-N will continute to be surpported in those wilderness
>areas that have fewer than an ALOHA capacity over several
>states or digis.

Just for grins, I took a stab at what us Easterners might consider
to be the WIDEn-N "wilderness"...:

Are there any cities in those vast Plains States that are being
overloaded by WIDEn-N and will want to firewall WIDEn-N just
around their cities but leave it WIDEn-N the rest of the state?
Denver comes to mind.

But remember, that once we stop the HIGH POPULATION
areas from using WIDEn-N, then those packets wont get
to you, so once they are cut-off by a firewall, then the
vast plains might be able to support WIDEn-N just fine?

>I still want the ability to go around the USA, using a path of
>RELAY,WIDE2-2 (or similar) and be able to use the system.

That is a fair path.  RELAY,WIDE,WIDE should work
everywhere and give you those 3 hops and be traceable.
But it will generate more dupes than RELAY,##LNKn-N.

Actually, it is hard for me to imagine anywhere in the USA
that is not 3 hops or less from a big city where there is
*or*should*be* an IGate.  I guess what I am asking is that
we concentrate on getting the data where it needs to
go, rather than FLOODING everyone with the old WIDEn-N
shotgun approach..

You truckers know where the holes are.  Let us know and
then the burden is on us to fill them...

Thanks for the feedback.

de Wb4APR, Bob

aprssig mailing list
aprssig at lists.tapr.org