[aprssig] Re: More thoughts on Connected Packet - telpac_node

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Dec 29 17:55:10 UTC 2004

>>> mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net 12/29/04 12:36:32 PM >>>
>[conecting to a BBS]... sounds like something interesting to try,
>but I do not know how to go about connecting to a BBS.
>Any pointers?

Sure, connect a laptop and run HYPERTERM (under
PROGRAMS-ACCESSORIES).  Configure your D700
for "packet" mode and tune to a local packet BBS or
even a WINlink station. (see list posted yesterday)...
Then at your TNC's "cmd:" prompt, just enter
C XXXX where XXXX is the call of the BBS or other packet
system.  From then on, just follow the instructions it
gives b ack to you...  Its fun...

No software required.  Your are using packet radio to
simply connect your keyboard and display to a remote
system and then doing what ever that remote system
is designed to do.  Unlimited possibilities...

BTW, I am a new TM-D700A owner - I love it!

On Wed, December 29, 2004 12:30 pm, Robert Bruninga said:
> For a quick example, on the air,  connect to someone's BBS.

William McKeehan
Internet: mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net

aprssig mailing list
aprssig at lists.tapr.org