[aprssig] Garmin 45XL External Power Req

Chuck Gooden cgooden at insightbb.com
Thu Dec 30 21:12:41 UTC 2004

That was a quick response... The overwhelming concensus is yes it
is safe to apply 12 volts.

On 30 Dec 2004 at 14:53, Chuck Gooden wrote:

I was given an old Garmin 45XL by a friend and I was wondering if
someone could tell me if it is safe to apply 12 volts to the external
data/Power connector?  I have heard that some Garmins require a
regulator on the external power connector but I am unsure at which

aprssig mailing list
aprssig at lists.tapr.org