[aprssig] Re: D700A gps interface problem

vxaprs at juno.com vxaprs at juno.com
Wed Jul 21 02:17:34 UTC 2004

That explains one. I had recorded the outputs just after satellite lock. Here is the output after good lock.  I get an "A" in the $GPRMC. For some reason the new D700A does not want to recognize the deluo gps at all.

One thing I like about the Deluo gps is that they seem to get really fast lock-on to the satellites, much faster than either garmin or the magellan.

Any links to where I can find out more about what the strings mean?  I understand NMEA wants $250 for info. Weird.

-- "Scott Miller" <scott at opentrac.org> wrote:
> 1. Only the deluo has a "V" in the $GPRMC string.

That generally means it's not locked on, and the data is invalid.  How long
did you let it start up for?

> 2. All except the deluo has a $GPGLL string.

That's the basic lat/lon report - $GPRMC and $GPGGA both give you that as

I haven't used the Deluo, but I've got DigiTravelers that will sometimes
take 15 minutes on cold start to get a good lock.

aprssig mailing list
aprssig at lists.tapr.org

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!