[aprssig] "Emergency!" test convention?

Rodney Padmore judyrod.padmore at ns.sympatico.ca
Wed Jul 21 21:23:00 UTC 2004

Please, the spelling is "Nova Scotia" and we are not on 1/2 earlier time; we
are 1 full hour earlier than Eastern time. You are confusing Nova Scotia
with the Province of "Newfoundland and Labrador", which is a sister Atlantic
Province but not on the same time zone.They are on Newfoundland time which
is 1hr,30minutes earlier than Eastern. While we are flattered to be confused
with "The Rock" as that province is affectionally known by, we Nova Scotians
are proud of our province and are quick to react when confused with another
. We invite our American friends to visit both our provinces, both of which
have many affectionate ties to the United States of America yet are distinct
provinces in their own right. I know this is "OT" and hope I will be
forgiven, 73 de Rod, VE1BSK. ----- Original Message -----