[aprssig] UI-View... and the Future - New Open Source TypeProject?

Sat Nov 13 02:58:27 UTC 2004

I definately support a WinAPRS alternative like UI-View32 was.

	-----Original Message-----
	From: aprssig-bounces at lists.tapr.org on behalf of Steve Dimse
	Sent: Fri 12-Nov-04 21:04
	To: TAPR APRS Mailing List
	Subject: RE: [aprssig] UI-View... and the Future - New Open Source TypeProject?

	On 11/12/04 at 5:44 PM scott at opentrac.org sent:
	>Anything new that we develop needs to be highly modular - the APRS parsing
	>code needs to be totally separate from the TNC/AX.25 interface code and the
	>display code.  One thing that drives me nuts about Xastir (and all the other
	>APRS clients, for that matter) is its inability to do multiple map windows.
	>With a properly modular design, it wouldn't matter how many map windows are
	MacAPRS has had this ability for more than 10 years, and WinAPRS has since its
	release a couple years later. The only limitation with WinAPRS was a single
	Precision Mapping window.
	I do agree with your premise though, to me multiple maps is the biggest thing
	missing from xastir...
	Steve K4HG
	aprssig mailing list
	aprssig at lists.tapr.org