[aprssig] HT Recommendation

Steven Eizenberg kc7byp at nwinfo.net
Wed Sep 15 08:59:23 UTC 2004

 I am running a Radio Shack HTX-202 ht on APRS and it works great even
though it only put's out 5 watts but I can run the ht off external power (13
5 vdc) from ether the car or in the house on a regulated power supply.
And by the way the HTX-202 can handle 15 vdc external power feed into it
with no problem.    I have an Alinco DX70T hf rig that has a problem that I
can't figure out,   it won't transmit unless the power supply voltage is 15
vdc.   I have tried running the DX70T in the car no transmit at all,  and I
tried it on a different power supply with the same result,   no transmit
until the supply voltage is up to 15 vdc.
Steven Eizenberg
From the Amateur radio Station of KC7BYP
QTH  Pasco,   Wa
kc7byp at nwinfo.net