[aprssig] Latest Xastir Release: 1.4.0, 09/16/2004

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Sep 24 15:16:30 UTC 2004

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004, Gerry Creager N5JXS wrote:

> Looks like it's time to create a semi-official xastir RPM set, try to
> get same accepted, and add that to the Fedora tree.  That way those of
> us following the Fedora path of least resistance can use apt-get or yum
> for similar updates.

That would certainly help for one set of users.

> Part of the problem is, in fact, the dependencies and in some cases,
> their lack of suitable RPMs.  Is someone already rolling RPMs for
> xastir?

There was someone creating RPM's for RedHat a while back, in order
to make installs for his friends easier.  Can't recall who, but a
quick question on the Xastir list should reveal the name.

> Do we have a solid dependency list?  For instance, I'm having
> an issue with libgeotif 1.2.1 right now that's driving me nuts.

Newer than what I'm using, so can't help you there.  The dependency
info we have is in the INSTALL document.