[aprssig] Simplified New n-N for Users

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Apr 6 19:31:22 UTC 2005

A simplifed version has been posted on my fix14439.html page...

>>> wa7nwp at jnos.org 4/6/05 2:53:37 PM >>>

> 2)  Use WIDE2-2 for fixed stations
>      Use WIDE3-3 for fixed stations 2 hops or more from big cities.
> 3)  WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 for 2 hop mobiles in dense areas
>      WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2 for 3 hop mobiles in remote rural areas

I'd suggest this be simplified further...   Make one standard
and let the various regions post modifications to that.

2) Use WIDE2-2 for fixed stations

3) WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2 for mobiles..

(Dense rural areas can implement pre-emptive digipeating to reduce
 extra hops caused by the the two alias path.)

aprssig mailing list
aprssig at lists.tapr.org