[aprssig] Live Telemetry Data Through a Simple Web Page

Brad McConahay brad at n8qq.com
Sat Apr 23 21:13:55 UTC 2005

On 23 Apr 2005 11:03:19 -0400, Steve Dimse Wrote:
> This would be a nice project for someone else to do, let the
> user specify a url in the page request, the server grabs the
> user's page from his own web space (everyone can get web space
> somewhere) and replaces any variables using Brad's XML service.

So if I'm understanding you correctly...

Let's say this is my page with variables, as an end-user: (the things that
look like "aprs()" functions are the variables)

And I then feed that url and my callsign to this script, as you describe:

...and the variables are replaced.  Is that the sort of thing you had in

These variables look more like functions with arguments than variables -
maybe they should be something embedded in an html comment, like <!--aprs
position latitude degrees-->.  Not sure what would be best in that regard.

The variables correspond directly to the xml hierarchy.  So that
aprs(position latitude degrees) gets you

I'm having trouble getting off the digest and back on the regular list
(can't get a password), so please copy me directly on any replies for the
moment, and I'll check the archives periodically, too.

Brad N8QQ