[aprssig] Status of APRS in STL

Sean Jewett sean at rimboy.com
Sat Apr 23 20:13:02 UTC 2005

I was wondering where things were at with APRS in the St. Louis area.
Previously when driving in with RELAY,WIDE2-2 I was able to get my posits
heard and gated to findu.  This time around posits from both KG4NRC-8 and
KG4NRC-10 stopped near Centralia Il (after the I57/I64 split).  Does
anyone know if K0STL is down or does the STL APRS network not support
WIDEn-n?  Both vehicles are running WIDE2-2.  I am seeing some APRS
traffic, both vehicles are running D700's on the medium power setting.  It
has not been a problem getting gated in the STL area in the past (I'm
outside of STL in the Belleville Il area).

The punk rock will get you if the government don't get you first.
	--Old 97's
KG4NRC  http://www.rimboy.com  Your source for the crap you know you need.