[aprssig] Proposal for java timer on findu pages

Wes Johnston aprs at kd4rdb.com
Wed Apr 27 01:24:23 UTC 2005

I have created a mockup of a position report from findu that is 2:21:05
old.  I have a timer that runs java on the page that is pre-loaded with
2hours, 21 minutes and 5 seconds that begins to tick as soon as the page
is loaded.  This timer runs the entire time the page is displayed.

Doesn't matter if your PC's clock is correct or not.... doesn't matter
what time zone you are in.... this clock would / could be preset to the
age (ie number of seconds) of the posit report by Steve's scripts at
findu and simply begin to tick off the number of seconds a page has been

Aside from the fact I've cobbled this together, I think it's pretty
neat!  I'm sure others could spruce it up a bit.  I'm very 'java

Hope I'm not stepping on any toes here Steve.