[aprssig] Field Day APRS

John Gleichweit smokeybehr at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 28 23:36:18 UTC 2005

Looking over the FD2004 notes compared to the FD2005 notes, which ID
should we use? FDn-N or TEMPn-N? Should we try and use the local
digipeaters to digi off of?

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 12:22:56 -0400, "Robert Bruninga"
<bruninga at usna.edu> wrote:

>>Since we're about 2 months out from Field Day,
>>what are the plans for APRS on Field Day,
>>besides just demos?
>Here's what I suggested on 15 March:
>Yes, lets do it right.
>For that one day, everyone QSY to 145.01 and lets show
>them how we can build a network instantly.  See the
>This is not a threat to 145.01.  In most areas even if there
>is a BBS there or a DX cluster, or some other service,
>at most there might be 3 or 4 FD sites beaconing once
>every 10 minutes for a total packet channel load of
>about 0.005 which is totally inconsequential...
>And for that day, EVERYONE sets their portable
>and temporary digipeaters to TEMPn-N and we use
>TEMPn-N as our paths!
>de WB4APR, Bob

John "Smokey Behr" Gleichweit FF1/EMT, CCNA, MCSE
IPN-CAL023 N6FOG UP Fresno Sub MP183.5 ECV1852
List Owner x6, Moderator x4.

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.