[aprssig] Off Topic: Top Posting

J. Lance Cotton joe at lightningflash.net
Fri Aug 19 14:19:11 UTC 2005

Christensen, Eric H wrote:
> Actually, I like top posting.  It keeps me from having to scroll all the way down to the bottom of a page to see what someone added.  It is very convenient and very courteous.

A much-debated topic in these contemporary Internet times...

Of course everyone has their own preferences, but you can't force others to
conform to your preferences. History and tradition has top-posting as poor form:

As stated in that article, if you find yourself scrolling down to read the
added information, the document has probably quoted too much to be useful as
a "quick refresh" of the topic at hand.

J. Lance Cotton, KJ5O
joe at lightningflash.net
Three Step Plan: 1. Take over the world. 2. Get a lot of cookies. 3. Eat the