[aprssig] Power For a Lap Top

Jim Andrews jim at stuckinthemud.org
Sun Aug 28 13:50:30 UTC 2005

I've had experience with the cheap 240v inverters (generally a "smoothed square
wave", rather than true sine) and used them to charge all manner of equipment
using laptop and wall-wart power supplies for phones & PDA's and never had a

Can't see the US 110v being much different, unless there is something peculiar
in inverter design when using a centre-tapped supply.

Jim, G1HUL