[aprssig] Why use this path?

Richard Montgomery kb4ytm at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 19:06:32 UTC 2005

I'm not sure I understand this path. It comes from a ham in Maine (yes
Maine) and I see it lots down here in Tennessee. Now I'm sure its being
gated from an Igate closer to me, but still, I dont really WANT to see
these packets. I have sent messages but no answer. I have seen him 22
times today at my home QTH using this path. In looking at findu.com for
stations near this ham, it seems a lot of users have his callsign in
their paths also.

Maybe someone can explain why this path is being used.

APRS Traffic heard on 144.390 in Lexington, TN

Archived APRS traffic