[aprssig] APRS and google earth

Jeff Kelly jkelly at bellatlantic.net
Sat Dec 3 12:59:39 UTC 2005

Hi Andrew,

Not sure if this is any help.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Andrew Rich
  To: VK Users
  Cc: TAPR List
  Sent: Saturday, December 03, 2005 7:35 AM
  Subject: [aprssig] APRS and google earth

  I managed to get google earth to work with my linux box which produces a .kml file that is used by google earth to place an icon on a map

  What I intend to do now is get linux and perl to ask findu.com where a station is and create a live kml file.

  Google earth zooms in and "tracks" the object

  Sample .kml file

  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  <kml xmlns="http://earth.google.com/kml/2.0">
    <description>Andrew APRS Mobile (dtg)</description>

  Andrew Rich - VK4TEC
  vk4tec at tech-software.net
  Brisbane AUSTRALIA

  aprssig mailing list