[aprssig] APRS and google earth

Stan Coleman N0YXV n0yxv at gihams.org
Sun Dec 4 08:05:45 UTC 2005

Here is a part of a message I got from a man named Ray Perkins. He built a
cool program that you can use to plot balloon launches (or any APRS object)
onto Google Earth.

----- Forwarded message from Ray Perkins <gpz550 at 295.ca> -----

    Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 07:36:55 -0500

    From: Ray Perkins <gpz550 at 295.ca>

 Subject: Balloon Launch

      To: Stan Coleman <stan at srcproductions.com>

Stan (and others),

I updated my TrackerGE software (version 6.0) on
http://web.295.ca/gpz550/TrackerGE/ to enable downloading the 96 hours of
stored data on Findu.com. (The new "History" button in the Internet

I put up a Google Earth plot I did (using the "History" function) of a
balloon flight (KC0MWM-11) on my web site. Try downloading it at:
http://web.295.ca/gpz550/TrackerGE/balloon.zip  Double-clicking the kml file
should open up Google Earth. It's a 3D plot, so turn "Terrain" on in

It's the best plot I've managed to get so far!

Ray Perkins

N45°24.344 W76°02.860

----- End forwarded message -----