[aprssig] New APRS

John K9IJ k9ij at vx5.com
Sat Dec 10 04:46:55 UTC 2005

At 10:35 PM 12/9/2005, you wrote:
>Hi, Jim,
>     Thanks very much.  Is there any special requirements (beyond a cable of
>some sort) to connect the TNC to the Linux box?
>     I think we can round up a Linux box.  We are still trying to find a way
>to get a high speed Internet connection up the mountain, though.  But we can
>be learning and planning.

No reason you should have to get a high speed internet connection up the
mountain. It's a digipeater. All you need is an igate connected to an internet
connection somewhere that it can hear the digipeater. Gate the digipeated
signal from some place more convenient.

Using a KPC-3+ the digipeater doesn't even have to have a computer permanently
connected to it.

John - K9IJ

John Rice  K9IJ
k9ij at vx5.com