[aprssig] Validation with APRS-IS

Alex Carver agcme2002 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 10 19:10:52 UTC 2005

Most of the APRS software packages that are for sale
or require registration itself seem to handle the
validation process (including obtaining the code) for
you.  However, there doesn't seem to be any document
(that I can find) which describes a method for
validating when you do not buy/register one of these
software packages.

So what is the procedure for validation?  Some people
at our club have expressed interest in writing gating
software themselves just for fun and experimentation.
We know there are plenty of packages available for
download but we still want to write our own.
Therefore, the club station would have to be validated
to gate onto the APRS-IS.

Do You Yahoo!?