[aprssig] Help with PCSAT2 Receive

Michael J. Wolthuis wolthui3 at msu.edu
Sun Dec 18 03:32:11 UTC 2005

This weekend I setup a Kenwood TM-451a on the 9600bps DIN connector and
connected it to a KPC-9612.  I then attempted to pass some APRS packets via
the 9600bps receiver with my TH-d7a, but to no avail.  I am wondering if
there is some special settings I need to have on the KPC-9612 or if anyone
has used this combination before and what may be wrong.

When I transmit on the th-d7a the RCV light on the KPC9612 turns on exactly
when the th-d7a TXs.  I increased the TXD on the th-d7a thinking maybe it
was too short.  The KPC-9612 RCV light comes on the whole time I think
meaning it is getting the data.  However, the data never shows up on the

There is also a 2m receiver hooked up to this TNC and transmitting at
1200bps with the th-d7a shows up on the computer from that receiver.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am at my wits end and really want
to copy PCSAT2.