[aprssig] Abusive path lists

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Wed Feb 9 14:22:44 UTC 2005

On Feb 8, 2005, at 9:47 PM, <kb4ytm at charter.net> wrote:

> Is there a way to possibly track with findu or something similar, a
> list of aprs stations and digi's with abusive paths (7-7..etc.)?

I use xastir and typically run with TNC logging on.  Just

egrep "WIDE7|WIDE6|WIDE5" ~/.xastir/logs/tnc.log | less

This will give you not only the offenders, but an idea of how many
times the offensive packets get to you.

If you want to include xastir's timestamps in the listing, use

egrep "^#|WIDE7|WIDE6|WIDE5" ~/.xastir/logs/tnc.log | less

If I had more time I might write a Perl script to generate a report.