[aprssig] Fwd: RE: WinLink and the APRS-IS

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Feb 15 17:20:23 UTC 2005

Sorry, yes, the SSID is the "SS" and very important and
the winlink.org is so that a person has a refernce to know
where to read more about this "thing" that is appearing on his

>>> wa7nwp at jnos.org 2/15/05 12:00:18 PM >>>

> Here is what I think is best for the WinLink "object" to appear:
> Actual paceket injected into the APRS-IS:
> PHGxxxx FFF.FFF-SS_1200b winlink.org
> This will appear on the Kenwood D700 as:
> _1200b win
> link.org
> giveing the mobile user everything he needs to know about
> the local WinLink node....

Formatting for the D7 is good.

"winlink.org" is redundent.    Also it's necessary to
know the callsign-ssid of the station to connect to.
I don't think that's included in the example above.

aprssig mailing list
aprssig at lists.tapr.org