[aprssig] Re: W9DF-??

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Feb 22 18:36:38 UTC 2005

Its trivial to find all the D700's.  In APRSdos, just
go to the DIGIPATH page and enter JUST-APK1
and all the D700's will be listed...  Don't know how
to do these kinds of selective displays in other software..  Bob

>>> awolfe at Route24.net 2/19/05 11:22:44 PM >>>
    W9DF-15 is a rather high profile digi near West Lafayette, Indiana.
uses Wide5-5 for some reason. Someone that hears him direct has a D700
up as a Wide digi with it set up incorrectly. Anyhow, as his packets
back and forth, this D700 decrements his SSID. Of course this is a new
as far as the other digis or W9DF-15 see it. Then this new call get
out. I hear him directly most of the time and watch as his SSID's
go -15, -14, -13, etc, often down to -10, blip, blip, blip, blip.
    It not just W9DF-15 that has problems. Most of the stations in
and central Illinois and western and central Indiana get their calls
up. When ever I check my Heard list I can delete at least 25 percent,
a third, of the calls there as being wrong. This has been going on
last Summer.
    I cannot run more than just Wide here or my SSID gets decremented.
Wide2-2 gets my call decremented. I see no reason to run any more than
here but I can't even do that. Of course there were never any problems
running Trace instead of Wide but I guess now we are to be getting rid
Trace. D700s don't seem to screw up Trace.
    If there were just some way to contact all the D700 users and tell
to fix their d%*$ digis.

Al, K9SI

> Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 09:08:40 -0600
> From: Robbie - WA9INF <mwrobertson at comcast.net>
> Subject: [aprssig] W9DF-??
> To: TAPR APRS Special Interest Group <aprssig at lists.tapr.org>
> Hi,
> I believe this issue has been discussed before but I can't find any
> reference to it now..
> Someone's either got PASSALL turned on or something, as W9DF-15 is
> digipeated with as many as five different SSIDs.
> Could it be W9DF is doing something itself?
> Just curious <g>
> Robbie

aprssig mailing list
aprssig at lists.tapr.org