[aprssig] Airmobile Digi (was: path for Tiny Track)

A.J. Farmer (AJ3U) ajfarmer at spenet.com
Wed Feb 23 04:34:21 UTC 2005

Hi Joe,

That would be neat.  People do it with balloons every now and then.  I've
always wanted to try flying a balloon with an APRS package, but we're so
close to the coast I'm sure it would go out to sea.

Probably the best thing is to set up a date and time and see if you can draw
up some interest of APRS users within a couple of hundred miles that want to
relay through your airborne digi.  I'm interested so send me an e-mail if
you ever want to give it a shot.  There are a couple of guys I can think of
that are active on APRS satellites that I'm sure would be interested.  KB2M
(NJ), KF4OTN (SC), and W3AFE (MD) immediately come to mind.

A.J. Farmer, AJ3U