[aprssig] D700 halfstolen dead problem

KENT HUFFORD khufford at comcast.net
Sun Jun 5 21:02:22 UTC 2005

A cretin broke into my van and "tried" to steal the D700 and 706mk2 control
heads from the dash, and the radios from under the seats, but because I had
the wiring so convoluted and the car alarm horn blaring, and 5 Mass. Highway
patrolman 300 feet away, they gave up. But not before tearing apart the
control cable between the D700 box and the control head. I fixed the cable.

But now when I try to turn on the D700 it does not come to life. Nothing on
the screen. The power to the D700 is good. I tried the hard reset, and all I
got was a faint sound from the speaker as static as I pushed the reset.

khufford at comcast.net

However they did get my life in two laptops and my NIKON camera collection.