[aprssig] Work still needed in NortheEast on New Paradigm

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Jun 7 11:55:56 UTC 2005

I see 2 home WX stations right along the interstate
that probably have not changed their ALIAS
to WIDE1-1.  And the K1JY-2 digi has not only
not changed its parameters either.. but it is
wrongly showing an "N" overlay when its BText
says it is only a WIDE-TRACE digi and does not
support WIDEn-N.  Bob

>>> brianbr at mac.com 06/07/05 12:03 AM >>>
Look at this map to see what I mean, prior to the new setup when I ran R,W,W
the area around Brattleboro for 20-30 miles and the area around the
I-89/I-91 Jct for 20 miles or so had coverage. I not only didn't get
'printed' to the APRS-IS, but I never heard a  "MY POS" beep once in those

P.S. The map represents the return trip Saturday afternoon from newport to
Springfield and Sunday midday from Springfield to Underhill, VT

Cheers ... 73 de brian, n1bq, underhill center, vermont

On 6/6/05 11:46 PM, "Brian B. Riley" <brianbr at mac.com> wrote:

> I believe it is a combo of the two.  Some of the black holes have always
> been there, but  White River Junction (I-89/I-91) and Brattleboro areas
> which used to work fine with R,W,W both failed to respond  to WIDE2-2

aprssig mailing list
aprssig at lists.tapr.org