[aprssig] Designating HOME Igates

Wes Johnston aprs at kd4rdb.com
Sat Jun 18 20:34:16 UTC 2005

Let's say I'm running a d700 and I'm 1/2 across the country and my wife
wants to know where I am (on RF).

She could send a message to me, and when my d700 sends an ACK, my
position and ACK get sent out the igate nearest my wife.  Is that how it

What if I'm running a tiny track instead, and tiny trak doesn't have any
idea my wife send a message, so it won't generate an ACK.... will the
IGATE still allow the next position my tiny track sends out on RF?

Just asking... really don't know.