[aprssig] Understanding IGATE

Jeremy Bair k2orx at ungulate.net
Mon Jun 20 10:31:16 UTC 2005

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005, Steve Dimse wrote:

> If I understand your problem correctly, this could be the cause. There might
> have only been a one way (RF to Internet) IGate feeding the RF packets to the
> APRS IS and on to findU, but a one-way IGate cannot send Internet messages
> back to RF.
> Steve K4HG

That makes sense, I can think of a few other scenarios, but they may not
be relevant due to my lack of understanding how IGATE and APRS-IS function
together. Where I can find a technical document covering APRS-IS and
IGATEs that covers all the bases?

I guess from now on if we are doing an event like this, we'll be sure to
bring our own IGATE with us.