[aprssig] UI-View IGATE status

Earl Needham needhame1 at plateautel.net
Fri Jun 24 16:15:04 UTC 2005

At 10:04 AM 6/24/2005, Robbie - WA9INF wrote:
>Ok Earl,
>I see both of your icons on Findu.com, I forgot the asterisk! However,
>your KD5XB-9 is traveling CSE119 at 64 mph, and shows us a house!! Is that
>your mobile home?? :-)

         Haha, no, that's my dumb tracker that I mentioned before.  It
sends out packets like this:

         and, as Steve Dimse and I discussed back in January, these packets
no longer indicate the original symbols in Findu.  Unfortunately, I can't
change any of this stuff on my dumb tracker.

At 03:23 PM 1/19/2005, Steve Dimse wrote:
>On 1/19/05 at 12:20 AM Earl Needham <needhame1 at plateautel.net> sent:
> >
> >         Why does
> >KD5XB-9>APRS,MELROZ*,WIDE5-4,qAo,W5ALL-1:$GPRMC,043322,A,3410.6052,N,1032
> 1.2030
> >W,032.0,228.6,190105,,*0F
> >
> >show as a house on Findu but as a little red car (as it should) in Ui-View?
> >
>The use of icons based on SSID was deprecated 5 years ago when I created
>the correct way to set an icon for a stand-alone tracker is with GPSxyz.
>Steve K4HG

         7 3

Earl Needham, KD5XB, Clovis, New Mexico DM84jk