[aprssig] Need some Coordinate and math help

kb2scs at optonline.net kb2scs at optonline.net
Sun Mar 6 02:57:23 UTC 2005

Hi Tom
            Thank you for your help.
If you want to learn all about the DLG-O format then go to the
following link.
And download the first part1,part2,part3 pdf files.
They explain the whole format. But they do not explain on how to
change utm to lat and long.

The usgs has a viewer with source code. It is fortran. you will find
it at.

On 5 Mar 2005 at 17:43, Tom Russo wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 05, 2005 at 06:46:42PM -0500, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <kb2scs at optonline.net> flavor, containing:
> > Hi All
> >          I am presently working on a new mapping system that uses
> > USGS DLG 1000k optional format.
> >
> > What I need is a mathematical formula to take the UTM coordinates
> > the DLG file and convert them to Lat and long.
> Look at the open source proj4 library, which can do all of that and
> and you don't have to code up your own math.  You can find it at
> http://www.remotesensing.org/  (look on the right, under "featured
> I'm curious how you're reading the DLG-O format --- there seem to
be no
> open-source DLG-O readers, and I have been unable to find any
converters to
> more open formats that don't cost a couple hundred bucks.
> --
> Tom Russo    KM5VY     SAR502  DM64ux
> Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1
>  "When life gives you lemons, find someone with a paper cut."

Let us hope we never witness the "Silence Of The Hams"
73 DE John  KB2SCS
       E-Mail:            kb2scs at arrl.net
       APRS-SCS     http://www.tapr.org/~kb2scs
       Web Page:     http://www.qsl.net/kb2scs