[aprssig] path analysis for aircraft tracker

joe at dellabarba.com joe at dellabarba.com
Wed Mar 16 14:32:01 UTC 2005

Yesterday I took my TT on a short flight around the Annapolis area. I
had my TT hooked up to an Icom HT with a rubber-duck suction cupped to
the window. I was set to transmit every 90 seconds with alternating
paths of WIDE1-1 and WIDE2-2. I was up about 25 minutes, so about 16 or
17 transmissions were made. 6 seem to have made it to Findu, which
isn't bad for blind transmissions. If I am reading the raw data
correctly, only one packet was relayed and every other one made it
straight to the igate. Is this right?
73 de Joe N3HGB
see also http://www.dellabarba.com/flying/tracking/tracking.html

N3HGB-7>SY0Q3W,WIDE2-1,qAo,AJ3U-5:`h at 7prl'/"3y}www.dellabarba.com/flying