[aprssig] TNC command formats

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Wed Mar 16 23:25:35 UTC 2005

> Why not use TAB to complete the commands like some Unix/Linux shells?
> I rather like being able to type part of the command and press tab to
> have the shell finish it, or show the matches to the partial typed

Took a crack at it - got the command matching code nicely separated out and
cleaned up so I could reuse it for command completion, but ran into a snag.
It'd be a lot easier if I was using case-sensitive commands, like Unix - as
it is, I've got to convert the input string to upper case before matching,
and the case of the completed portion of the command wouldn't necessarily
match what you'd entered.  You'd get ver<tab>SION.  Not that bad, but the
lack of a case-insensitive string compare makes it harder.  If I think of a
clean way to do it, I'll try.

An alternative (that wouldn't reuse the same code) might just print all

That should be fairly easy to do.  Of course, you don't need to enter the
whole command anyway if you've got the unique part:

Argent Data Systems DC-1  Firmware Version 0.1
Copyright (C) 2004-2005 Argent Data Systems

FreeRTOS V2.6.1 - Copyright (C) 2003 - 2005 Richard Barry

Back to coding.  I've got VERSION, HELP, and RESET implemented already.  =]
DIR is going to be a whole lot more work...