[aprssig] Additional IGates ?

Sean Jewett sean at rimboy.com
Tue Mar 22 16:59:00 UTC 2005

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005, Chris Kantarjiev wrote:

> > As good as Javaprssrv is, here's another option for an
> > old standalone box:
> >
> >   http://www.rimboy.com/rimdistro/rimigate/
> This is more like it for my purposes. I'd be willing to deploy
> an almost-discarded PC with a soundcard interface as an IGate
> near KG6VYD-2, since it is currently picked up by a digi over
> 100 air miles away (and not reliably at that).
> Does RIMiGate run off a floppy/out of memory? Not having to spin
> the disk is a big win. Does it use a soundcard or need a KISS TNC?

It runs out off of memory once the floppy is loaded.

It needs a KISS TNC unfortunately.  I've thought about trying to do
something with a soundcard but I've not had the time or patience to get
the linux soundcard / ax25 stuff running.  Nevermind picking a soundcard
I'd want to support since the space is limited.  Probably soundblaster 16
and their clones would be best.

The punk rock will get you if the government don't get you first.
	--Old 97's
KG4NRC  http://www.rimboy.com  Your source for the crap you know you need.