[aprssig] Prom Burners

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Thu Mar 31 22:25:32 UTC 2005

scott at opentrac.org wrote:

>I use an old Needham PB-10 I found on closeout at Fry's years ago.
>This looks like it might be the same thing:
>For $5 it might be worth the risk.  =]  I don't think I've ever burned
>anything more exotic than a 27C1024 with it, but it's more than suitable for
Note that this is an ISA-slot card.  You'll need an ancient '286 or '385
junker-clunker PC to run it!

The Pocket Programmer I mentioned in my previous post on this thread at
least is entirely external (connected through a parallel printer port)
so the I/O slot standard is a non-issue.   At least until you encounter
the latest "legacy-free" PCs with nothing but USB ports.....