[aprssig] Garmin GPSMAP 60CS

Andrew Rich vk4tec at tech-software.net
Fri Nov 18 08:42:07 UTC 2005

So how good is the screen on a 60c ?

Anyone got a colour camera ?

Andrew Rich - VK4TEC
vk4tec at tech-software.net <mailto:vk4tec at tech-software.net>

-----Original Message-----
From: aprssig-bounces at lists.tapr.org
[mailto:aprssig-bounces at lists.tapr.org]On Behalf Of scott at opentrac.org
Sent: Friday, 18 November 2005 1:00 AM
To: 'TAPR APRS Mailing List'
Subject: RE: [aprssig] Garmin GPSMAP 60CS

> I bought and use the GPS MAP60C for my job and found it to be
> most perfect for the outdoor application, nice bright

I bought one after about the first two email responses.  =]

> sunlight readable screen, lots of battery life, both Garmin
> round big plug with NMEA,

Excellent, I've got tons of those.  In fact, I sell 'em for $4 - I found the
pFranc websites to be very difficult to read or navigate, and had trouble
getting responses to inquiries.  So I found another source and buy them in
large quantities and sell them on my site.

> (The eTrex NO LONGER has any serial
> NMEA support!, no APRS) and it (the

Seriously!?  Not even the eTrex Legend?  Or just the yellow one?  What about
the Geko?

> 60C) also has USB for high speed communication, you will need
> to get the topo maps for it to be real nice though.

And expensive, unless Garmin's changed their prices on maps.  Oh well...

aprssig mailing list
aprssig at lists.tapr.org