[aprssig] Xastir install issues

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Wed Nov 30 09:00:16 UTC 2005

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005, Bill Diaz wrote:

> The readme1st information is enlightening and re-inforces what many (but
> certainly not all) users have reported. I guess you "Takes your chances".
> No thanks,

That made me chuckle.  Bill Vodall is just being explicit in his
warnings.  Reading that the first thought that came to mind was:
"What software does a warning like that NOT apply to!"

Much of the commercial software doesn't go into trying to scare the
user like that.  They want you to have a nice warm fuzzy feeling
when you install their software and they have their fingers crossed
that it doesn't break or hose up your computer later.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com