[aprssig] NVIS WAS: APRS in Atlanta

Bill Vodall WA7NWP wa7nwp at jnos.org
Wed Oct 12 20:40:52 UTC 2005

  Eric H wrote:
> What kind of antenna are you using for NVIS?  I've always wanted to do some
> experimentation but never had the time/real estate.

I'm going to put together a portable system that's easy to throw in the
car when needed.  3 pieces of 1.5" PVC 5' long and associated hardware.

Here's some good NVIS Info:

It mentions the NVIS antenna I've seen and will be modeling my portable
setup after:

A full Power Point preentation (big) is there as presented by "N7NVP and

The Home antenna is going to be a simple 102' G5RV mounted not too high.