APRS RF DX? (Was RE: [aprssig] APRS in Atlanta ...)

Stan Coleman [NØYXV] n0yxv at gihams.org
Thu Oct 13 19:45:39 UTC 2005

> You've hit the nail on the head - there are too many old, wrong,
> out of date sites - and no way to contact the owners. Unfortunately,
> some of those owners are also running digis that are old, wrong
> and out of date, and aren't 'fixable'...
> Dig through Bob Bruninga's site,

Sorry but I feel that Bob's site has a lot of wonderful data but not much good
for the newbie. (This is not a slam just my opion.)

> http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/aprs
> because it's got the truth in there - along with a lot of stuff
> that's more specific for the DOS client. Read, especially

I agree the truth is in there somewhere.

> http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/aprs/fix14439.html
> Also look at http://nwaprs.info/beginners.htm and the rest
> of the nwaprs site.
> And finally, contact your local APRS digi operators for
> the skinny on what's best in *your* area.

Ok if you could only see my face now. :-) I'm laughing only because when I
started it was me and the other guy and neither of us new too much. Now a days
it's me and the other guys (and one gal). The funniest thing I've found out
about APRS is that the more I learn the more I find out I don't know. I started
as a newbie and although I've learned a lot somedays I feel like an even bigger
newbie. :-)