[aprssig] Transmitting data to a hot air balloon

Vic Fraenckel victorf at windreader.com
Tue Oct 18 17:12:07 UTC 2005

Suppose I wanted to transmit a stream of weather data to the pilot of a hot air balloon. The balloon would be not be more than a 5 mile radius from the transmission site and at an altitude of no more than 5000 feet. The balloon would have receive-only capability.

What hardware would I need to send the data stream from my position to the balloon. Is this a feasible idea?

Any enlightenment will be appreciated.

Vic

Victor Fraenckel - The Windman
victorf ATSIGN windreader DOT com