[aprssig] PACCOMM TNC & WIDEn-N clarification

Brad [VE3BSM] lists.nospam at bpsmicro.com
Thu Oct 20 23:56:40 UTC 2005

>Can anybody confirm that my understanding is correct, or educate me as
>to why I'm seeing what I'm seeing? Is the next best viable option to
>look at getting UIDIGI PROMs burnt for these digis? Is UIDIGI a better

I'd say so. We run this on a lot of TNC's in TX. If it's a tiny-2, or
micropower, UIDIGI just drops in. A PacComm TNC -220 may not run UIDIGI, I'm
not sure. But the majority of that brand will.

UI Digi has the advantage that after a power putage, all settings are
retained - they are in the ROM. In fact, we remove the batteries from our
digis. One less thing to go wrong.

Thanks Mark. I'll verify the exact models in use and do some Googling to see
if I can confirm UIDIGI's viability or not.