[aprssig] What a diffeence an antenna makes

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Mon Oct 31 20:26:29 UTC 2005

wa8lmf2 at aol.com wrote:

> .    (This is exactly the reason why VHF/UHF quarter-wave whips are
> mounted on the belly of aircraft instead of the upper side of the
> fuselage. )

I should have qualified this by saying "for air to ground comms".   For
GPS, sat com, or any other application where you want to radiate
skyward, you would mount the whips on the top.

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.com

Updated APRS Symbol Chart

New/Updated "Rev G" APRS     http://webs.lanset.com/wa8lmf/aprs