[aprssig] New Orleans APRS digi still on the air

scott at opentrac.org scott at opentrac.org
Fri Sep 2 03:52:27 UTC 2005

Is anyone out there using a propane or natural gas conversion on their
generator?  I've been told they solve a lot of fuel storage and reliability
problems.  I suppose diesel would be the best choice for larger units, but
I'd rather have something unobtrusive like one of the smaller Honda
ultra-quiet generators, but with storable fuel and the option to run on
natrual gas if it's available.

Are there any major drawbacks besides the lower energy density of the fuel?