[aprssig] Re: D700 PS2 conenctor [Broken Link Fixed]

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Tue Sep 6 09:50:52 UTC 2005

An extraneous space slipped into the URL for the document on my
website.   Link fixed in this re-posting

vk4tec at tech-software.net wrote:

>What on earth is the PTT pin on the D700 ?
>I am using the PS2 connector
>1) TXD
>2) GND
>4) 9600
>5) 1200
>6) SQC
>aprssig mailing list
>aprssig at lists.tapr.org
Pin 3 which Kenwood confusingly labels "Standby".   It's just a normal
ground-to-key PTT line.

Note that on the D700 the connections on this jack follow the "selected"
band for the mic.  I.E.  if the mic is keying the left side of the
radio, the mini-DIN6 lines are also connected to the left. If the mic is
keying the right side of the radio, the mini-DIN6 is also connected to
the right.

Full details on the miniDIN6 "PS/2" packet or data connector, including
an enlarged diagram useful as a wiring worksheet,  are in this file on
my website:

Look for the file     MiniDIN6-Packet.pdf

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.com

Updated APRS Symbol Chart

New/Updated "Rev G" APRS     http://webs.lanset.com/wa8lmf/aprs