[aprssig] APRS being integrated into weather radar application

Tyler Allison tyler at allisonhouse.com
Wed Sep 7 20:37:10 UTC 2005

I'm not trying to post a commercial for my company. I just thought APRS
folks would like to know that APRS (specifically the APRS-IS) is being
utilized to provide APRS/CWOP weather information to weather radar users.

APRS tracking is being added soon which will allow storm chasers/mobile
spotters to be located by home bases or NWS offices if they are carrying
APRS trackers. (actually request for this feature is coming from an NWS
office). [See previous thread about D700 / tracker questions]

If you'd like to read more about it http://nexrad.allisonhouse.com/aprs.php

And lastly is there a "donation fund" for the APRS-IS folks? My company
would like to give back to the community. We don't sell the data,
obviously, but we do use it to the benefit of our customers.

"Some people dream of success, while other people live to crush those
dreams." - Despair.com