[aprssig] How should this work -> TRACE WIDE2-2

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Wed Sep 14 08:19:47 UTC 2005

maiko at pcs.mb.ca wrote:

>Let's say that my system recognizes WIDE2-2, but not
>the TRACE digi call.
>A station on RF sends a MIC-E frame as follows :
>     STATION > UXXXXX via TRACE via WIDE2-2
>question 1: should my system digi this as a WIDE2-1, or
>should my system ignore this (since TRACE is the immediate
>destination call, not WIDE2-2) ?
You station won't digi it unless another (TRACE-aware) station digis it

>question 2 : for a TRACE capable system, what should IT do ?
It should substitute it's own real callsign, marked as used, for
"TRACE".   The string above should leave a trace-aware digi as
    STATION > UXXXX via *callsign, WIDE2-2.

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.com

Updated APRS Symbol Chart